When I first interviewed at Townley, I was so nervous. On my way to the interview, I prayed that God would somehow let me know if this was the school for me. I literally walked into the school, and felt peace like I never had before. When I left the interview I just thought, "Yes, this is the place for me." I had never been so sure. When my principal called me the next day to offer me the job, I was thrilled."
I could not have asked for a better first year last year. I loved everything about it. I was so excited about starting back this year, and I have fallen in love with my students again. I have loved this year and really gotten into my rhythm and routine.
Isn't it funny how when we finally get into a routine, God decides it's time to change things up? That's what happened today.
My principal called tonight. He said that our numbers in fifth grade look low to the district. He said that since I am the last one on the team to sign my contract, that I am the one to go. I am being replaced to a different school- Farine Elementary in a 4th grade writing/science spot. My heart literally broke and I was so upset I couldn't even speak on the phone. I cried for a straight hour. Finally, I got up the strength to talk to my grade level team. (Except Bonnie. That would just have made me cry again.)
It's nice to know that no one wants me to leave. My principal and AP have both told me that they are heartbroken about it. The girls have all cried and Jaime is doing everything she can to figure out a way to make me stay. It feels good to know that these people think highly of my teaching and that they don't want to see me go.
However, it still hurts to go. I can't imagine teaching at a different school, especially since I have to start there on Friday. I can't imagine leaving my kids and my friends at Townley, and when I think about it, I cry all over again. We are praying for some kind of miracle to happen so that I can stay at Townley. However, I don't think that will happen.
But isn't it great to know that we serve an all knowing God? I may not know what next week holds for me, but He does. He knows what school I am suppose to be at, and His will is the one that will happen. And I am choosing to follow Him, even if I am heartbroken, even if I don't understand, and even if I don't want to. Because honestly, I want to be living in His will, and not in mine. Where ever it is He wants me, I pray that is what works out. I am putting it in His hands, and I am trusting in the fact that He knows best... and that wherver I go, He goes with me.
Where ever He leads, I'll go. I'll follow my Christ who loves me so. Where ever He leads, I'LL GO.
"This is confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of Him." 1 John 5:14-15
*Pray for me tomorrow. Even though I am going to follow Him to whatever school He wants me in, my heart is still broken to do so. Pray that He gives me strength to get through the day and that I don't spend the entire day crying. And most importantly, pray for His will to be done in this situation.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or tremble before them, for the Lord your God is going with you! He will not fail you or abandon you!" Deuteronomy 31:6

1 comment:
Heather- I am so so sorry that this has happened. But I am also so encouraged by your strong faith! Praying for you!
Post a Comment