Friday, September 24, 2010

"Grown Up" Bedroom

I love reading Kelly's Korner (even if she is an arkansas fan- roll tide!). Every Friday she does a thing called "show us your life". Currently she is doing a tour of homes and today is master bedrooms. Soooo, I figured I would join in this week since I haven't done it in awhile!

I moved into a new apartment this summer and I live with my sister. I technically have the master bedroom, so I figured it would work!
 This is the view when you walk in. When I graduated college, I decided it was time for big girl furniture! I have always wanted a black sleigh bed. So I went on a mission to find one- let me tell you, it's not easy! I looked everywhere and could only find brown. But my search finally paid off, and I found my beautiful black sleigh bed! I'm in love with it. It might be my favorite thing that I own.

I get a lot of comments on the bedspread. In college my room was pink and black- very cute, but not very grown up. So when I moved off and got my own job, I decided it was time to have a room that goes along with it. I found this bedspread at Ross of all places! It was only $40 and I was in love. Sold, right away!

Also, in college I had that pink and black room. In college I also had a paris theme that went with the pink and black. Black and white paris pictures, effil tower lamp, etc. I decided that was still "adult" enough, so I kept it all. Sometimes I think that wall to the side of the bed is too bare, but the pictures above the bed are so big that I think it would be too much if I put something there. (I got those three Paris pictures from IKEA.) Also, the mattress is probably my favorite thing. It was my first big purchase after college and I bought it all on my own. (Yes, I am proud of that!) It is literally the most comfortable bed in the world!

 I'm in love with this window. It's HUGE. Since my paris picutres are black and white, I also went with all black and white pictures. I printed most of these pictures when I first moved away, so they are of all of my Alabama friends. The chest is from IKEA, and I love it. (Although my brothers HATED putting it together!) Those are more Paris pictures above the window. :)
Another view of my room. That door leads to my bathroom (which is HUGE!!) I use to have a different dresser that actually matched my bed. But it was poorly made and only lasted a year! I sold it on craigslist and bought this new one from IKEA. I really like this one from IKEA because it has 4 little drawers on top- they are the perfect size for personal items! The mirror hanging above the dresser use to be connected to my old dresser. Now it just hangs on the wall because the new dresser didn't have the capabilities of attaching a mirror. Again, all the pictures are black and white!

So, there's my "grown up" master bedroom. I love my room, but it is rarely that clean. In fact, I took those pictures a few days after I moved in. I think that tomorrow should be a cleaning day, and that my room is the first one to be cleaned! 
post signature

3 comments:

Amber @ Luv and Laughter said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I am in love with the print on the bedspread. I have framed scrapbook paper in my bedroom of the print and fabric over our night stands. I'm currently on the hunt of a similar bedspread. I too, had the pink and black room in college and if I ever have a daughter, so will she.

Tamar SB said...

Your room is awesome. I can relate to wanting "grown-up" furniture after college too! I just did the same thing moving into my apt - I have the same dresser just in blue and love it!

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. My hubby and I have slowly been buying our post-college 'grown up' furniture in recent years. This January we got a white sleigh bed and it's my favorite purchase yet! :)

Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/