This is such a tricky topic. I feel like the first time you think you are in love, it doesn't really turn out to be love. You later experience another relationship and realize that what you had before that was not love at all, and you think that this new relationship certainly is. But then life goes on, and you again realize that you didn't know what love really was.
Therefore, I will talk about the first time I thought I was in love. I later realized that it wasn't true love, but it was the first time I thought I was in love. I will leave out names though to protect the innocent (or not so innocent? haha...)
I was 16 years old and in high school. My friends and I use to go to Chickfila every single Wednesday night after church. Pretty much every youth group in town went, so it was always like a big party at the Chickfila. One particular Wednesday, I was eating dinner with my friend A and my other friend B, when a rambucious redhead appeared at my side. He had split a huge hole in his pants. He grabbed my sandwich and stuck it in the hole. I looked at him and said, "Um... that was mine?" and he said, "Craaaap. I thought that was A's...." and A is just a laughing. I said "Well, you can keep it. I don't want it now..." and he then introduced himself to me as T. I personally thought he was a little crazy!
T didn't go to my high school, but he went to a high school with a lot of my friends. We saw each other for a few Wednesdays in a row and would always end up talking. It turns out that one of my friends gave him my phone number. He started calling all the time. We would hang out on the weekends, and then he asked me on a date. We started dating, and I fell for him fast.
He was funny. charming, and knew the right things to say to a 16 year old girl to make her fall for him. We were always together and always had fun. It was only a matter of time before he told me that he loved me, and for the first time in my life, I told a boy that I loved him too.
We dated for several months and then broke up. We were then on and off again for several, several months. We could never get it back on the same page. It was like we knew that we weren't right for each other, but for some reason we just couldn't stay away.
I can honestly say that I did not get over that boy into I fell in love with another one. Who knows? Maybe T and I really were in love. Or maybe it was just one of those crazy high school things that don't mean much. I still hear from him from time to time. I never wonder, "What if?" with him. I know he isn't my one. However, I do still smile when I think of our times together. I grew a lot as a person with him, and I don't regret "falling in love" with him... rather that was real love or not. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment