After lunch, the 5 of us headed to Gadsden. We went to the hospital to say goodbye to our great grandmother. Bless her heart, she is so close to Heaven. It was hard to see her like that. There were several moments while we were there that we thought she had passed, but then she would take a deep breath and start talking 90 to nothing. Then she would stop and we were sure she was gone... then talking again! It was crazy. She kept saying that my pawpaw better have his truck gased up in heaven, because she was going to want a ride as soon as she got there. I pray that she goes soon- I know it's hard for my grandmother and aunts to see her that way.
After the hospital, we headed to the funeral home to help our dad and aunts with arrangements. It amazes me how rude people who work at a funeral home can be. Do they not realize that we just lost someone dear to us? I've never witnessed people being so insensitive. After a few hours there, we finally got it all planned.
After that, my aunt Gigi wanted to go shopping. She came home last minute and didn't even grab a suitcase, so she has nothing to wear to the funeral. Origionally we thought that shopping would lift our spirits, but in the end none of us were in the shopping mood. Gigi finally found some pants and a sweater, and we headed to our great grandmother's house to sort through pictures. Then we headed to my aunt's house to sort through more pictures. Then we stopped by the hospital one more time to get some more pictures from my Aunt Bobbi. Then we went back to Birmingham and dropped the pictures off at my aunt's house so that she could create a slideshow for the viewing tonight. Then we went to my dad's house, ate pizza, and went to bed. It was the longest day ever!
I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in today. I am stressing about the fact that I'm missing work again, but I am just telling myself that it will all work out. I miss my munchkins, and I hope they are being good for the sub. Tonight is the viewing for my pawpaw, and tomorrow is the funeral. Currently my plan is to return to Texas on Sunday, it just depends on if my great grandmother passes before then and when her funeral would be.
We appreciate all of your prayers during this time. Thank you so much!!

No comments:
Post a Comment