Monday, January 17, 2011

Grandparents

I've never lost a grandparent. My grandfather on my mom's side has passed away, but he died when my mom was a little girl so I never knew him. Of the grandparents I've been blessed to know, I've never had to suffer the loss of one. I've spent 23 years with my Mawmaw N, Pawpaw G, Mawmaw G, Pawpaw H, and Mawmaw Kidd. But not it seems that it's my turn to learn how to say goodbye to a grandparents. Definitely to my great grandparent, and we don't really know at this moment what is going to happen to my grandfather. It's still a rollercoaster ride.


Please continue praying for my grandfather. He had a good Saturday and Sunday, but a bad Monday. They say he has been more restless today and trouble breathing. They did a chest xray and will get the results tomorrow. It could be either a pulmonary edema or pneumonia. Currently, I'm not sure what either of those would mean in the long run, but I don't think it looks good if it's either of those. I talked to my aunt tonight, and she just sounded so tired. Pray for strength for her as well.


Also, continue praying for my great grandmother. It seems that any day now she will be going home to heaven. Pray for her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and even great great grandchildren. She is a hard lady to say goodbye to, but we all know she is ready to go.


"There is time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born, and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


It seems that this is our families time to die, uproot, weep, and mourn, but thankfully, according to our God's promise, there will soon be a time to be born, a time to plant, a time to laugh, and a time to dance. I pray that sooner, rather than later, my sweet Mawmaw Kidd will be laughing and dancing in Heaven with our loved ones who have already gone. She was such a great dancer back in the day, and I know it will be a beautiful sight when she holds the hand of our Savior and dances the streets of gold with Him. I can't wait to witness it one day! 
post signature

No comments: