Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yellow

If you know much about me, you know that I love the color yellow. A few summers ago, I went through a yellow dress phase. I had to have a yellow dress- I spent the entire summer searching for the perfect one. By the end of the summer, I had four. (And they were all adorable!) This past winter, I spent weeks searching for my yellow jacket, and I'm obsessed with it now that I own it. A few weeks ago, I was shopping with my friend Katey. We stumbled upon a brown & yellow shirt, and I insisted that I buy it (even though I had sworn I wouldn't buy anything that day!) I just love yellow. I feel like it's a color that just screams LIFE. When I see it, it makes me think of sunny days, sunflowers, tans, sand, and endless summer nights. It reminds me of the joys of life. It's such a beautiful color.

The past few weeks, I've had the itch to redecorate my bedroom. Again, for those of you who know me well, you know that since I graduated high school I have had 4 different bedspreads (I've only been out for 5 1/2 years!) I am constantly wanting to re-do my room, but not the entire room. I've kept the same wall decorations, just switched the bedspread out. I think that a new bedspread can add an entire different atmosphere to the room. So, I'm fixed on the yellow bedroom idea. I have all black furniture and all black and white photos on the wall, so I'm looking for a bedspread with blacks, whites, yellows, and greys. It sounds beautiful in my mind! Here is what I've found online. The problem? I can't decide which one is best! So I thought I'd share a little with you-- enjoy the color yellow. You know it makes you want to re-do your bedroom, too!



 I'm also a little bit in love with the black and white bedspreads and yellow accents around the room. How precious are these?! I'm a little bit in love with the yellow lamps in most of them.
I love that mirror above the bed!



So simple, but I love those yellow flowers!!
Would it be too much to have a yellow den, too?....

I'm telling you, I'm in love with this color. If only I had the money to re-decorate!!
post signature

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

I love all the yellow! That is exactly how I feel about the color green lol, but you knew that haha! And I also love to redecorate and rearrange my room. I wish I had the money too. :) I love your blog. As you can tell, I read it like almost every other day if not every day haha.