This is my family with my great grandmother, Mawmaw Kidd. She is my dad's grandmother. Not many people can say that they know their great grandmother, but I have been blessed to know mine for 23 1/2 years.
I can remember when I was little, she was so spunky! She was always full of energy. I remember at Christmas her and her boyfriend, Lowell, would dance and dance all night long. She could dance better than anyone I've ever known!
She is such a precious woman of God. She has such a cool life story and she is just very dear to my heart. The past several years have been very bad on her health. In the most recent years, she has developed a slump where she can barely even hold her head up. It has been so sad to watch her health decline.
Earlier this week, she slipped and fell in the middle of the night. She has fractured/crushed two vertebrae in her neck. Because of the way she is slumped, both hospitals in Birmingham and Gadsden have decided that they cannot operate. They would be unable to straighten her neck enough to operate, and she would be unable to wear a neck brace. She currently has to lay in a certain position in her bed, because if she moves at all, the crushed vertebrae could slip and block her airway. The doctors have said there is nothing they can do for her except keep her heavily sedated so that she can withstand the pain. I've been told by family members that when they have gone to visit her that she has just been in incredible pain. One person said she is having dreams where she is talking to relatives that have already passed- Mama Sadie, Lowell, and my uncle Randy.
It absolutely breaks my heart to know she is in this kind of pain. I wish I could go home and see her because I feel that this is close to her end. I know she is ready. She told me dad that she is just ready to go home. He told her she could go home soon, and she replied with "No honey, I'm ready to go home to heaven."
Would you pray for her? Pray that she receives comfort so that she isn't constantly in pain. Keep my family in your prayers too. This side of the family has already lost two cousins in the past 3 months, so I know it will be hard on all to lose our beautiful and wonderful grandmother.
I love you Mawmaw Kidd and I'm praying for you daily!


No comments:
Post a Comment