Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions


I don't normally make new years resolutions, but today I'm going to. I was cleaning out my bookshelf today and found some books I want to read. The first one is Women of the Bible- One Year Devotional Study.
This in itself is a big resolution for me to make. Typically, I get bored with a devotional after about a month. I don't know why, I just do. And this one is an entire year! But I just have this feeling that if I commit to it right now, that God will show me so much through this book. The first woman I'll be learning about is Eve. I can't wait to share what I learn!


The next book is called Get Married. An acquaintance recommended it to me almost two years ago. I ordered it off of amazon, read the first chapter, and put it away. I just couldn't get into it. I wasn't ready for it. That once happened to me with Captivating though. When I picked it back up a year later, it spoke volumes to me. I pray that will be the case with this book as well. I have heard so many wonderful things about this book from so many people, and I can't wait to read it! I just hope I stick with it this time.
Speaking of Captivating, I would love to pick that book back up as well. Maybe I'll read it this year too, but for now, I'm going to focus on these two. Wish me luck! :)
post signature

No comments: