Saturday, January 22, 2011

Routines

Routine. I know that kids need it, bad. My students long for rountine. If our schedule is different at all, it ruins the whole day. I have one student who literally freaks out if anything is changed without his knowledge. But until the past few days, I haven't realized how badly I need my rountine. Since December 19th, I have worked a total of 8 full days of work. Eight. (I'm counting a full day as in my students are in the classroom with me from 7:30-2:45) Since December, we have had two half days with the students, one holiday, one teacher workday, I left early one day, and I was absent two days. Meaning this year there have been 15 work days- I've worked eight and been off for at least half of seven. Ohmyword. I'm dying to get back into my little rountine of teaching, tutoring, and evening activities. I'm craving it. I know in a few weeks, I will be dying for spring break and a break, but for now... I just need normalcy!
post signature

No comments: