Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Charlee's Bachelorette Party

Since Holly and I live in Texas, we took on the role of throwing the bachelorette party. We did this because we knew it was going to be the only party we would be in town for. I had so much fun planning it all! When I first started planning it, I knew I needed to ask Charlee what she had in mind. Bachelorette parties can be super crazy to super calm, and you don't want to plan something that the bride isn't going to enjoy. Charlee told me she wanted a calm evening. She said she didn't want to do dinner (even though we later decided to do dinner!), she wanted to go to Painted by U in Hoover, followed by games at her sister's apartment afterwards.

Charlee loves animal prints and her favorite color is pink, so I decided that would be the "theme" of the party. I handmade the invitations using my cricut! This is what the outside of the cards looked like:
Top Row: high heel shoes, hat, nail polish
Bottom Row: Sunglasses, lipstick, purse
On the inside, it said:
Before Charlee says "Yes" to Mr. Right,
She wants to have a Ladies Night!
followed by the date, time, and location. I think they turned out really cute!

On to the party! We ate dinner at Cocina Superior at Brookwood Mall. It was really yummy! Their margartias were delicious.
Tiffany, Charlee, Holly, and me at dinner!
After that, we headed to Painted by U. Painted by U is a really cool place! You can paint ceramics, they fire them up for you, and you come back a week later and pick them up. It's very cool! We each picked something different to paint for Charlee. (Sidenote: the bridesmaids had previously planned to each make a box of decorations for Charlee based on a holiday. We gave them to her later this night. At Painted by U, we each painted something based on the holiday we had chosen for our boxes.) I haven't seen the finished pieces after they were fired up, but I can't wait to see them! This was such a fun and easy idea for a party. I definitely recommend it!! The best part is Charlee has handmade things that she can use for years!
Holly, Becca, Sarah, Ashley, Charlee, me, and Tiffany after dinner! Kelsea hadn't joined us yet... 

After Painted by U, we headed to Charlee's sister's apartment for dessert and games. I had ordered this cake from Kae's Cake. This isn't my actual cake because I didn't take a picture of it. (Woops!) But it's similar! Mine had "congratulations charlee" around the edges as well as hearts around on the cardboard plate, but you can get the basic idea off of this one:
Isn't it adorable?! It was also delicious!! We had strawberry cake and it was just divine. The girls couldn't stop talking about how good it was! If you are hosting a party or event in the Birmingham area, Kae's Cake is the way to go!!!

I also made these cups as favors! The girls used them to drink out of at the party. I had found pink straws to go with them! The picture is tiny, so you may not be able to tell what is on them. They have a pink circle on the edge and a zebra circle in the middle. Each bridesmaid got a cup with their initial on it. Charlee's cup said "Mrs. Mitchell". I think they were a big hit!

For decorations, I handmade most of them. I made a banner using my cricut. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it.  I was awful at taking pictures this weekend!!! But the banner was pink zebra circles with black letters that said "Girl's Night". On the end circles, there was a purse on one and a shoe on the other that matched the invitations. In between "Girls" and "Night" there was a circle that had a dress on it. It was strung together with black zebra ribbon and I hung it on the fireplace! It was so cute!

I also made these tissue pom poms and hung them from different areas in the apartment. The centerpiece of the table was a vase with pink flowers and it had a black zebra ribbon tied around it! The decorations were super cute! I wish I had taken pictures. If I see that other girls took pictures, I will come back and repost those pictures!!

Now on to the games we played! We started out by playing a game that I made. I called it "Famous Couples" They were given couples from a movie or TV show, and they had to name the movie or TV show the couple was from. The person who got the most right won a prize! The girls really liked this game. If you want a copy of it, let me know and I can email it to you! We then played the typical game where we asked Stephen questions. Then Charlee had to answer them with the same answer as Stephen, or she had to put a piece of gum in her mouth. We got quite a few laughs from that game since Stephen is so random! We then played Bridal Bingo and the winners won more prizes. The last thing we played was Bridal Pictionary, which was really funny! After games, we gave Charlee our holiday boxes. All in all, I'd say it was a great party! If anyone is interested in the games, just leave me a comment and I can email them to you! Hopefully some of the other bridesmaids took pictures and I can come back and add those in!
post signature

No comments: