Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Happy fourth of july! We have had such a busy weekend! Chase is in town, so we went down to Austin for the weekend to visit Kevin and Alicean. We were there until Sunday afternoon, and sunday afternoon we headed to the ranch for the annual Dugger Ranch Party! It was fun, as always! Yummy food, great company, big longhorns everywhere! Julio and Gus got to experience it this year. Julio thinks he is so big and he tried to take on many longhorns. Unfortunately, he even got away from me at one point! I was sure that Speckles was going to crush his skull, but Chase saved him!

Today we have been super busy! I was cooking all day long. I made an epic fourth of July cake! We had friends over around 2:00 this afternoon. We spent the afternoon by the pool. Thankfully, I didn't get burned! Way to go, Arbonne sunscreen! Ha! We then grilled out, which was really funny. Note to self: Don't let your two dental student friends and little brother man the grill again! Just kidding, it turned out yummy! After dinner, we headed over to Matthew's apartment. He lives closer to Fair Park, where the city was shooting off fireworks. We went to the top of his car garage and watched them from there. We had a great view of about ten different shows going on! That's the beauty of flat Texas-- you can see firework shows for miles! We then ended the night at Sonic with ice cream and laughs. It was a very relaxing but very fun fourth! I hope you all had a great 4th with your family and friends as well. Chase leaves tomorrow, so I will be sad to see him go! Oh, and here is a picture of a slice of my amazing cake!
We are truly blessed to live in this country! I am so thankful for all of the men and women who have died for my freedom! May God continue to bless America. Happy fourth!

post signature

No comments: