Monday, August 2, 2010

Bookshelf Makeover


My pawpaw built this bookcase for me years ago:

I used it in my bedroom in highschool and college, and it was in our dining room in our last apartment. It's sturdy and well built! We have no where for it in the new apartment. It was in my closet, but I have now pulled it out to the porch and decided to paint it!
I want it to be bright and fun. It's going to go in my classroom! I am excited about it because I will be able to use it to mark off part of my class for the actual classroom library. I am currently thinking that its going to be purple, blue, and pink. We will see how it ends up! I have this idea in my mind, I'm just hoping that it ends up that way. Wish me look. I'll post an "after" picture when I'm done!

PS. I am extremely thankful that my school is getting renovated. It will be so nice to work in an updated school. But this whole not getting into my classroom until a few days before school starts is driving me crazy. My bedroom is currently half bedroom/half classroom because it has so much of my stuff in there. Townley needs to hurry up and be finished getting renovated before I die of anxiety.

No comments: