I just checked my mail, which is pretty rare. I always forget to go check it, but today the mail held two treats for me!
Treat #1- An updated picture of my WorldVision "daughter" Grace. Grace lives in Uganda and is in second grade. I "adopted" her in February and donate money every month to her village. I was so excited when I got this picture! She has gotten so big. I love this little girl more than she would know. I pray that some how, some day, we will be able to meet.
Treat #2. Melissa is a girl that I know through different people. We have a few mutual friends, so I guess you could call us acquaintances. I had a letter from her, and I had no idea what she could be sending me. I opened up the card, and out fell this! My mom's wedding announcement! It turns out that her mom's best friend's wedding announcement is on the back of this one. They are divorced now, so there was no need for anyone to keep it. Melissa recognized my mom's name, and decided to send it to me! I was pretty excited. My parents were divorced before my mom passed away, but I still love having anything that was hers. Isn't she beautiful in this picture? What am I talking about, she was always beautiful. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment