I've posted several times about my desire to go to Uganda next summer. I have been looking around for different trip opportunities, and I think I have found the one for me. It is only a week trip though, and I was really wanting to go for longer. This group has one trip for two weeks, but I am in a wedding the first weekend of the trip so I can't go on that one. The trip I am looking at goes from July 24-July 30. It will cost about $3,000, but I have faith that God will provide that money in some way. Here is the summary of what the trip is about:
In Uganda, our teams will spend time working at Amazima Ministries (http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com) with their feeding program and with the children of the Karamajong tribe. Our focus with Amazima Ministries will be to present vacation bible study series and lessons to these children so that they know the love of their Heavenly Abba Father. We will also help meet physical and financial needs by bringing supplies and donations from the U.S. There are many other orphanages which Visiting Orphans partners with in Uganda such as Canaan's Children Home, Return Uganda, Divine Care Ministries, My Father's House, Spring of Hope orphanage and an orphanage in the city of Palissa. Customized itineraries for each trip will consist of working with some or each of these orphanages.
I just submitted my application. The application won't be final until I send in a deposit and two letters of recommendation though. I am going to continue praying about this for the next week or two before I send those in. I don't want to do this just because I want to... I want it to be the trip that God wants to send me on. Will you join in praying with me for this opportunity? The prayers will be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:
I will pray for you! keep us updated! love u!!
Post a Comment