Monday, August 23, 2010

Day One, Year Two

Wasn't it just yesterday that I wrote this post? (Where I summarized the first day of school...)

Day one of year two is over, and it went pretty well! I got to school at about 6:45, which is pretty normal. School starts at 7:30 so that gives me about 45 minutes to get everything ready. However, today was apparently different. I was getting things ready to go copy at 6:55 when they came over the announcement and said, "Don't forget, we're letting kids in at 7:00 this morning!" Yikes! Therefore, everything was put away and I started greeting the kiddos thirty minutes early. I guess I need to start reading my emails better!

While greeting my new students, I had several students from last year come by! They are all at different middle schools now, but middle school doesn't start until 8 something so they had time to bring their little siblings in to school. It made me so happy and sad at the same time to see them! I've missed them this summer and so I was glad to see them, but I was sad knowing they weren't coming to my class.

Another weird part was the fact that Lacey wasn't there. When the third grade teachers came by after their lunch, I just expected to see her. When I didn't, it was really sad. And after school I was sitting at my desk working on stuff and I thought, "Oh, I wonder when Lacey will stop by to recap the first day." But of course, she didn't. It's so weird without her! I know I'll get use to it, it will just take some time. I don't even want to think about what it will be like when Bonnie goes on maternity leave!

Overall, my new students seem really great. I have about 60 students right now. I may get more tomorrow though. There a few that I will need to keep my eye on, but overall it seems pretty good. I am excited about getting to know them better.

For now, I think I'm going to eat dinner and go to bed. The first day wears you out!

2 comments:

Bon&Bud said...

When I go on maternity leave........ I will call you everyday! Or you can call me... or make the long journey to my side of the woods and come see me =) I am so glad today is over with and that we both seem to have good kids!

Heather said...

you wont REALLY call me every day... youll have a BABY. but of course i will come visit some... i will want to see that baby!