I don't even know how to explain the emotions I am feeling today. How do you talk about something like this? How do you get past something like this? I feel betrayed... and hurt... and disappointed. Yet at the same time, I know I am called to forgive. Who are we to judge whose sin is worse? Sin is sin, and my sins from today are equal in the eyes of our Lord.
This will affect hundreds of young adults and youth. This will affect people who didn't even know him, and because of his position, it will hurt the name of Christ. I am angry, and I am broken.
I just don't understand. I feel like everything he ever taught me... he didn't do himself. I feel betrayed. I am confused and hurt and... mad. I pray that God will help me get through this and help me to understand why this happened.
John 8:7-9 "Let him who is without sin be the first to throw the stone. When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left."
God, be with his family and precious children. Be with all of us who were guided by him and trusted him and taught by him. Help us to understand and to forgive. Help his current youth to understand. Somehow, bring glory to yourself through this. And bring him back to You.

1 comment:
amen. yeah, i don't know what to say other than amen. i am praying that same prayer right now.
Post a Comment