Friday, August 27, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the new...

Week One of year two is over! It went really well. I have a great bunch of kids. I'm teaching a few bilingual kids and over half of my kids are ESL students... so there will be a lot of language barriers this year. It will be interesting and difficult and I will have to be extra sure to explain what I mean, but it will be worth it. I really like my students and I'm excited about getting to know them better.

However, I also miss my old students. I literally had the best homeroom I could have asked for last year. We were seriously a little family and I have missed their smiling faces. Seems like they have missed me too! On Monday, I had three old students come into the school just to say hello. Tuesday I have received two facebook messages from two different ones. (No, I don't add my students on facebook. But they can send me messages.) Then yesterday, one of my student's younger sisters brought me a letter from her sister. This is it:
precious, I know. :)
Then this morning I had this in my box:
Yes, a completely random picture frame from another one of my former students. It was the thought that counts! And it made my day. :)

Teaching is such a blessing, especially when you get little reminders like these that show you that you really are making a difference in the little one's lives. :)
post signature

1 comment:

Bon&Bud said...

that thing fit in your box?!?!