Lacey was my first friend in Dallas. We met at new teacher orientation and instantly clicked. All of our co-workers thought we had been friends forever, but it was just one of those friendships where you feel like you have known each other forever. She is that friend who is straight up honest with me, and I can be my complete self with her. I have loved getting to know her and her husband over the past year.
Today, their first child is going to be born! I was at the hospital with them last night. She was all smiles last night and ready to have this baby!

She just called and is having contractions every few minutes! They are expecting sweet Charlie between 4 and 6. I am so excited! I can't wait to hug and love on that sweet baby boy. I will of course post pictures as soon as possible. I plan on going up there to meet that sweet boy later tonight. He is going to be adorable!
For now, I'll leave you with a picture of Charlie's "big brother" Scout. I am dog sitting while the rest of them are at the hospital waiting on Charlie's arrival. This is a picture of him when I picked him up last night. I'm pretty sure Scout knows something is up- he hardly slept last night and has been constantly pacing since he got here!


1 comment:
Awww, Scout doesn't know what is about to hit him, LOL! I am not sure if you will be able to or not, but bring home one of the baby's blankets or hats for Scout to smell prior to them bringing the baby home - it will help the dog already know the baby's scent and understand he is a member of the pack now :) We got that suggestion from someone when my niece was born for all the dogs my family has and it really helped with their excitement when we brought my niece home. It is so amazing when friends have babies, I love it so much - have fun with baby Charlie and good luck to your friends as new parents! Take care and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Post a Comment