Sure, they can be whiny. And annoying. And smartelic. And snotty. And disgusting. And sickly.
But they can also be so great. So funny, smart, bright, and interested about life. They are hungry to learn and their questions are always so interesting. Their outlook on life is so pure and perfect. I love the way their little minds work. I love their faces when we're reading a book and they are so into it. I love when they yell at me for putting a book down right in the middle of the good part. I love when they finally understand division and get so excited. I love when my problem student wants to show me every single math problem he does because he is so excited to be doing them right.
The joys of teaching: Watching a kid give another kid a high five because he understood the math problem, having a kid ask you to play paper rock scissors while waiting on their ride, watching a kid do a silly dance because he passed his test, having 17 kids ask for a hug as they leave, and 17 kids greet you with a smile and a "Good Morning Miss Harwood!" every single morning.
I'm thankful for a class full of great students. While I struggle to adjust to this new school, these students have made it easier. I am thankful for their sweet little faces and their precious little smiles. Oh, to be a kid today! Kids are so full of life and I just love them for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment