She is just so like me. We have the same sense of humor and we just get along so great. She is up front and honest with me, makes me laugh, lets me cry, and is the kind of friend who I can always call when I need her. I have loved getting to know Lacey over the past year and a few months.
I especially loved getting to go through her entire pregnancy with her. It was such a joyful 9 months! From the morning she told me in my classroom that she was expecting, to watching Lacey's tummy get bigger (and not be able bend over to close the car door!), to sewing and painting to help the days go faster, to shopping for hours trying to go into labor, to the moment I held that baby boy for the first time- I loved all of it. It was such an honor to share it all with her!
She moved to Alabama in August (of all places!) and I have missed her terribly since she left. Sometimes all I want to do is go sit at her apartment with her, but she isn't there.
However, today I am on my way to see her! I will be spending time with her, her husband, and their beautiful baby boy until Monday afternoon. I absolutely cannot wait to cuddle that baby boy and laugh with her. It's going to do my heart so much good to have a Lacey weekend! I am overjoyed about it!




No comments:
Post a Comment