Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 20

Day 20- Nicknames

I have a few nicknames, but no one really calls me them anymore. In junior high/high school, they were more common.
My first nickname is "Heater". It came to be back in the day when "milky pens" were popular. Do you remember those things?! Oh, the good ol' days of drawing bracelets and rings on yourself.... haha!

No, I do not still have milkypens. I googled this iamge!
Anyway, back to the story. My best friend, Haley, drew my name on my arm one day. It was really big and was suppose to say "Heather". Well, at church that night (after wearing it on my arm alllll day), I realized that it said heater... she had spelt my name wrong! My friends noticed it too, and the name stuck. Soon, everyone called me Heater! (Except for Drew and Yeap... they referred to me as Oven because they wanted a unique nickname for me... and an Oven is hot like a heater... haha...) Anyway, heater was definately my most popular nickname. Haley now shortens it to heat, and she's pretty much the only person to still use it!

I had some other nicknames growing up that random friends would give me, but they are more about inside jokes and would sound totally inappropriate on a blog, so you can just ask me about those sometime! ;-)


post signature

2 comments:

Terri Leigh said...

I know a nickname you left off :) LOVE YOU!

Heather said...

HAHA, yes MAMA TL, that is one of those nicknames that would sound totally inappropriate if you didn't know the entire story! HAHA! I misssss yoooou!